CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) POLICY
Heffler also collects and uses personal information in its capacity as a Service Provider in order to perform our claims administration services on behalf of our clients and at the direction of the court. This means that throughout the claims administration process, the client retains control over personal information collected and processed. Where we collect and process your personal information on behalf of our clients to support claims administration, if you have questions or wish to exercise your rights relating to your personal information (such as information, access, or deletion) please contact that client directly.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
The specific personal information that we collect, use, and disclose relating to a California resident covered by the CCPA will vary based on our relationship or interaction with that individual.
In the past 12 months, we have collected, used, and disclosed to third parties for our business purposes, the following categories of personal information relating to California residents covered by this policy:
||Examples may include:
||Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address (IP Address),email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number,passport number, or other similar identifiers.
|Personal Information categories described in California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
||Name,signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description,address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment,employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
||Age,race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed,marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex(including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information.
||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
||Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website,application, or advertisement.
||Physical location or movements.
|Professional or employment-related information
||Current or past job history.
|Non-public education information (per theFamily Educational Rights and Privacy Act
||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student financial information.
|Inferences drawn from other personal information.
||Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics,psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes,intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Sources of personal information we collect:
- Information directly from you, the consumer or class member, that you choose to provide, when you interact with us, for example when you communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise, submit a claim form, register for an event, subscribe to marketing or other communications, or inquire about, or purchase a product or service.
- Information provided by our clients or the courts, in order for us to provide specific services as a Service Provider, or information from third parties, acquired at the direction of our clients in order to provide the services.
- Information from Other Sources, including service providers or publicly available sources.
We collect personal information to offer and administer our services and products
- To provide the products or perform services for clients pursuant to an agreement, including contacting you in the course of our ordinary commercial relationship, verifying client information, processing payments, or similar activities as needed to provide services for or on behalf of our clients.
- For marketing purposes. For example, we may use your information to further discuss your interest in the Services and to send you information regarding Heffler such as information about promotions, events, products or services. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications and updates at any time.
- For improving Heffler’s communications with you. Emails sent to you by Heffler may include standard tracking, including open and click activities. Heffler may collect information about your activity as you interact with our email messages and related content, in order to verify or maintain the quality of our communications, or improve, upgrade, or enhance the services we provide.
- For security purposes, including detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- For other business purposes, which will be disclosed at the time we collect personal information.
Disclosure/Sharing of Personal Data
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
We share personal information for our business purposes with the following categories of third parties:
- Our clients and courts when necessary to complete the claims administration process.
- Our affiliates, as needed to operate our business and provide services.
- Service providers, such as vendors, consultants and other service providers who are performing certain services on behalf of Heffler, in which case we enter a contract that describes the purpose of processing and requires the recipient to not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
Subject to the CCPA and other applicable laws, you have the following rights concerning your data processed by Heffler:
- Access: You have the right to request to access the personal information that Heffler holds about you, including categories of information collected, categories of sources from which the information is collected, our business purpose for collecting information, and categories of third parties with whom we share your information.
- Deletion: You can request that Heffler erase your personal data.
- Non-discrimination: Heffler will not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under the CCPA.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise your rights under CCPA:
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing:
Duff & Phelps Compliance and Privacy Office
311 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 4200
Chicago, IL 60605
Settlement Class Members and the Plaintiffs do not release claims for actual bodily injury, nor claims unrelated to the allegations in the complaint such as pension, or product liability or contract claims or claims of former Rocky Flats workers under Workman’s Compensation or similar laws or regulations. For example, if you believe you have gotten cancer from exposure to plutonium from Rocky Flats, you are not giving up the right to sue over that, just by filing a claim as part of this settlement. If you are a Class Member and file a timely and valid claim as part of this settlement, you can still decide to sue if you have cancer or develop cancer or have suffered other bodily injury. You would need to consult your own lawyer about any such potential lawsuit. Plaintiffs and Class Counsel are not suggesting that you may or do have any claims for bodily injury, nor expressing any opinion about the likelihood of success if you decide to pursue such claims – again, you would need to consult your own lawyer about any such potential lawsuit.
This website is authorized by the Court, supervised by counsel and controlled by Heffler Claims Group, the Settlement Administrator approved by the Court. This is the only authorized website for this case.
For more information please call 1-844-528-0187.